Anguilla is a 15-mile island east of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, separated from St. Martin to the south by the Anguilla Channel. Though close in proximity to St. Martin, Anguilla couldn't be more different. St. Martin is known for its vibrant nightlife and cosmopolitan atmosphere, while Anguilla is its calm, easygoing, casual counterpart — where you go to truly get away from it all. Which is not to say that Anguilla doesn't have its own brand of chic; Anguillans know how to relax in the utmost style and comfort.
Among the many attractions of this tiny island are spectacular coral reefs perfect for snorkeling and scuba diving, over 30 beautiful white-sand beaches, and an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Greg Norman.
All Anguilla LocationsAltamer (1) Barnes Bay (1) Black Garden Bay (1) Blowing Point (6) Cove Bay (1) Crocus Bay (1) Dropsey Bay (1) Island Harbor (1) Limestone Bay (2) Little Bay (1) Little Harbor (6) Long Bay Village (5) Long Pond (1) Meads Bay (7) Pelican Bay (1) Sandy Ground (1) Sandy Hill (3) Shoal Bay (1) Shoal Bay East (4) Shoal Bay West (1) West End (4)
The villa team traveled to Anguilla via St. Martin and took the easy route: the public ferry. The ride itself is only about 25 minutes, and the entire process—ticketing, embarkation, and customs—was simple and comfortable. An important piece of advice: sit inside the ferry if you don't want to get splashed. A few members of the team sat on the deck and felt some ocean spray.
Smaller private ferries often include transportation to/from the airport and are a bit quicker (the team took a private ferry on the way back, and the ride was about 20 minutes). If you're looking for convenience above cost, a private ferry is definitely the way to go. If you don't want to travel from St. Martin, you can also fly directly to the Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport in Anguilla.
Must See & Do
Top Regional Attractions:
- There are 33 pristine white sand beaches on Anguilla. A few top selections include Shoal Bay East, Meads Bay, and Sandy Ground Beach loved mostly for its lively atmosphere and popular beachfront restaurants.
- Play CuisinArt Golf Club, an 18-hole championship course designed by Greg Norman.
- Don't miss a trip to the Heritage Collection Musuem, featuring artifacts, documents, photos and more dating back to the days of the original inhabitants, the Arawaks.
- Big Spring National Park is an ancient spring which once supplied water to the ancient Arawaks and Anguillian residents. The sacred decorated with petroglyphs carved into the rock walls by ancestral Amerindians.
- An excuse to come to Anguilla after peak season is to catch Leatherback, Green, and Hawksbill turtles nesting on the shores of Maundays Bay, Mead's Bay, Captain's Bay, and Limestone Bay.
Allow Us to Arrange
Most Popular Concierge Services:
- A private boat charter
- A guided snorkeling excursion
- A car rental or private driver
- Private chef service for the first or last nights of your stay
- Grocery pre-stocking in your villa
- Restaurant reservations
Your Personal Villa Concierge
When you book with Villas of Distinction, it's all about you. We customize your escape from start to finish ensuring it exceeds your expectations and you experience more than ever before.
Your personal Villa Concierge is your partner in exclusive getaways. Looking to experience a local vineyard? We've got you covered. Hoping to score tickets to an on-island event that sells out fast? No problem. No request is too big or too small.
What We Can Do For You
- Suggest and arrange local immersive experiences
- Coordinate car rentals, drivers & airport transfers
- Grocery stocking to ensure convenience & comfort
- Handle last-minute itinerary changes
- Make restaurant reservations & more