About Riviera Maya
This strip of Caribbean coastline on the Yucatán Peninsula is one of Mexico's most popular vacation destinations for good reason. In addition to heavenly beaches – think powder-soft sand and warm, turquoise water – there are plenty of one-of-a-kind attractions to discover. Explore Mayan villages and caves, swim by the only archaeological site on the sea, and snorkel along the largest coral reef system in the Northern Hemisphere.
All Riviera Maya LocationsAkumal (5) Cancun (5) Cozumel (1) Isla Mujeres (1) Playa Del Carmen (15) Playa Paraiso (1) Puerto Aventuras (9) Puerto Morelos (1) Soliman Bay (1) Tulum (30) Xpu-Ha (1) Fatima Bay Beach (5) Jade Beach (2) Maroma Beach (1) Playa del Secreto (1) Playacar (5) Puerto Morelos (3) Quintana Roo (1) Sian Kaan (1) Soliman Bay (14) Tankah Bay (2) Tulum Beach (3)
Our Exclusive Offers
We pride ourselves in offering some of the best savings on the world's foremost luxury villa rentals. From limited-time free nights to reduced rates, bonus amenities, and beyond, don't miss your chance to save on your next villa rental.View More Exclusive Offers
Playa del Carmen is the ideal spot for shopping, dining, and nightlife. It is just a 5-minute drive from La Quinta Avenida (5th Avenue) where you will find cafes, bars, outdoor restaurants, shops, boutiques, nightclubs, and more. The area is also home to adventures such as scuba diving, fishing, snorkeling, and kiteboarding.
Taxi fares are pre-set in Riviera Maya, so if you've done your research you'll know whether the price you're being quoted is correct or not. There is a sign at the taxi stand near the main shopping mall in Playa del Carmen (just off La Quinta Avenita) that lists the prices as well.
Must See & Do
Top Regional Activities:
- Enjoy all-star golf courses among the stunning Yucatan landscape. The region is known for both leisurely and challenging courses designed by the likes of Jack Nicklaus, Robert Von Hagge, and Thomas Lehman. Its top courses include El Cameleon at Mayakoba Golf Club, Iberostar Playa Paraiso Golf Club, Mayan Resorts Golf Riviera Maya, Puerto Aventuras Golf Club and The Golf Club at Playacar.
- Xcaret is an ecological and archaeological wonder which features natural and cultural activities and attractions – the ideal location for a day trip with your family. You will find beaches, botanical gardens, cenotes, exotic wildlife, and even Mayan ruins, just to name a few, and you can even watch a night show with traditional Mexican performances to further immerse yourself in Mexican culture.
- Xel-Ha is an amazing aquarium park in Riviera Maya. It is considered the largest aquarium in the world and is one of the perfect locations in the region to have a little fun in the water. You can snorkel, swim with dolphins, scuba dive, or even sea trek (walk under water) among amazing marine life. If you love water activities and nature, Xel-Ha is a definite must-see.
- Xplor is a natural park located in Riviera Maya where you are sure to get a strong dose of adventure. Fly through the trees on any of the park's zip lines, swim in cenotes and limestone caves, or explore many more natural wonders inside this adventure haven.
- Sian Ka'an is designated a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Sian Ka'an allows visitors access to an astounding diversity of wildlife and a fascinating look into Mayan culture.
Allow Us to Arrange
Most Popular Concierge Services:
- A private driver
- Private chef service for the first or last nights of your stay
- Grocery pre-stocking in your villa
- A full-day boat excursion with a captain/guide
- In-villa massages and spa treatments
Your Personal Villa Concierge
When you book with Villas of Distinction, it's all about you. We customize your escape from start to finish ensuring it exceeds your expectations and you experience more than ever before.
Your personal Villa Concierge is your partner in exclusive getaways. Looking to experience a local vineyard? We've got you covered. Hoping to score tickets to an on-island event that sells out fast? No problem. No request is too big or too small.
What We Can Do For You
- Suggest and arrange local immersive experiences
- Coordinate car rentals, drivers & airport transfers
- Grocery stocking to ensure convenience & comfort
- Handle last-minute itinerary changes
- Make restaurant reservations & more