About Dominican Republic
Something for Everyone
Whether you’re looking for a romantic escape, family getaway, or cultural experience, a stay in a Dominican Republic villa offers something for everyone. From cactus-filled deserts to mountain ranges, dramatic waterfalls, lush rainforests, and more than 800 miles of coastline offering some of the Caribbean's most beautiful beaches, the Dominican Republic features a range of lovely settings for you to enjoy. Go whale watching, shop for unique local crafts, spend an afternoon at a museum, or try one of the many incredible water sports available, include surfing, diving, and snorkeling. For golf lovers, the Dominican Republic offers three world-renowned courses, including the #1 rated golf resort in the Caribbean by Travel + Leisure magazine. The Dominican Republic is also home to Santo Domingo, a historic gold mining town featuring the Western Hemisphere's first cathedral, monastery, and court.
The Dominican Republic also provides for an active nightlife, as there are many bars, restaurants, and nightclubs from which to choose. The combination of Latin American, Spanish, French, and British influences provides rich and delectable recipes that you’ll go home craving. And if you visit during February, you’ll experience Carnival, a unique celebration including parades and other fun festivities.
DR is noted by Frommer’s as the most popular country to visit in the Caribbean. Direct flights to Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, and Punta Cana depart from New York, Miami and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The month of February is Carnival season when each Dominican city throws a unique celebration with lively parades, colorful costumes, music, and dancing. If you have the opportunity to experience Dominican Carnival, don't pass it up; you're bound to have an unforgettable experience!
Must See & Do
Top Regional Attractions:
- No visit to the Dominican Republic is complete without touring the Brugal Rum Factory. You will get to taste the local drink of choice, dark Brugal rum.
- The Cathedral of Santa Maria is the oldest cathedral in the Dominican Republic, built in 1523 and still in use.
- Colonial City provides the ultimate historian experience. Explore the history and culture of the old world in palaces, forts, museums, churches, statues, and monuments.
- Explore the Samana Peninsula, white sand and crystal blue water make this beach a can't-miss. Between December and March, boats are available to take visitors whale watching.
- Very secluded with white, powder-soft sand, Bayahibe Beach, one of the best beaches in the Dominican Republic, provides access a few small islands, where you'll find wildlife preserves, golf, and watersports.
Allow Us to Arrange
Most Popular Concierge Services:
- A full-day boat excursion with a captain/guide
- In-villa massages and spa treatments
- Private chef service for the first or last nights of your stay
- A private transfer from the airport
- Grocery pre-stocking in your villa
Your Personal Villa Concierge
When you book with Villas of Distinction, it's all about you. We customize your escape from start to finish ensuring it exceeds your expectations and you experience more than ever before.
Your personal Villa Concierge is your partner in exclusive getaways. Looking to experience a local vineyard? We've got you covered. Hoping to score tickets to an on-island event that sells out fast? No problem. No request is too big or too small.
What We Can Do For You
- Suggest and arrange local immersive experiences
- Coordinate car rentals, drivers & airport transfers
- Grocery stocking to ensure convenience & comfort
- Handle last-minute itinerary changes
- Make restaurant reservations & more